ABOUT THIS FEATURED OPPORTUNITY
Duration: 12 month contract (extensions up to 24 months, conversion to FTE possible)
Work Location: 100% onsite in Redmond, WA
Come invent the future! Our Research & Development team brings together a world-class team of scientists, developers, and engineers to create the future of augmented and virtual reality (AR/VR). Specifically, our Eye Tracking team is working on research to enable eye tracking for everyone everywhere, which is key to enabling many groundbreaking experiences.
In this role, you will join a team of Software Engineers to collaborate with pioneers in research, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, and user experience design. You will learn constantly, dive into new areas with unfamiliar technologies, and embrace the ambiguity of AR/VR problem solving. Together, we are going to build cutting-edge prototypes, technologies, and toolsets that can define a paradigm shift in how we interact with our surroundings. We invite you to step into the adventure of a lifetime, as we make science fiction real and change the world.
We are looking for strong software engineers with deep experience in performance focused C++ low latency / real time.
THE OPPORTUNITY FOR YOU
- Work side-by-side with research scientists, electrical engineers, mechanical engineers, and UX designers to build prototype eye tracking systems to advance technologies and research.
- Write C++ low latency code for prototype eye tracking hardware, collecting data from real time experiments.
- Design, develop, integrate, and test software for advanced prototypes
- Create tools, infrastructure, and documentation to accelerate research
- Collaborate with other research and engineering teams to identify gaps, build solutions, and transfer technology
- Perform code reviews that improve software engineering quality
- Collaborate in a team environment across multiple scientific and engineering disciplines, making the architectural tradeoffs required to rapidly deliver software solutions
- Write clean, readable code, debug complex problems that span systems, prioritize ruthlessly and get things done with a high level of efficiency
- Learn constantly, dive into new areas with unfamiliar technologies, and embrace the ambiguity of AR/VR problem solving
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- You have a Computer Science degree, or equivalent experience (3+ years of experience required)
- You've worked on challenging software projects where you had to write a lot of code
- You're an expert in C++ with excellent knowledge of lower-level details like memory management and multithreading
- You have excellent instincts for software architecture
- You're interested in building high-value systems
- Performance tuning and optimization of low latency software
- Strong understanding of hardware stack and hardware architecture from a latency perspective
- Experience with computer vision, digital signal processing, 3D rendering, machine learning
- Experience in optics (lasers, lenses, optical sensors)
- Experience writing technical documentation
- Experience with toolset or SDK development
- Experience working in AR/VR
- Experience developing software in a research environment
- Company sponsored Health, Dental and Vision coverage
- 15 days of accrued PTO per year
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
- Advantis Global is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit, qualifications and abilities. Company policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth or medical condition related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, political affiliation, union membership, marital or registered domestic partnership status, military or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law (“Protected Characteristic”). Additionally, Advantis Global is committed to promoting pay equity and prohibits harassment of any employee on the basis of any Protected Characteristic.
- Advantis Global is a progressive and open-minded collective. If you’re smart, optimistic and care about being awesome at what you do, come as you are! We welcome you with open arms.
- This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.