ABOUT THIS FEATURED OPPORTUNITY
This role is on one of our most exciting teams we support. This person will work to support one of the largest client AWS has, and have an opportunity to support the build of a completely new version of managed Kubernetes. The role will expand down the road, and this team plans to invest a lot of time and energy training this resource to be a bigger part of the team.
THE OPPORTUNITY FOR YOU
Initially, this role will be less development work, and more so support, troubleshooting complex problems pertaining to Kubernetes. Moving forward, this position can take on a larger role, figuring out better ways to automate, pulling up things from our client's cert authority, setting up private links, automatically creating and destroying connections etc. There really is no limit to what you can accomplish on this team, due to the immense size of the undertaking!
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- At least 5+ years hands-on experience in infrastructure engineering, SRE, or software engineering staff member
- Excellent Python, bash, and scripting fundamentals
- Expertise with cloud platforms such as AWS, GCP or similar
- Expertise with infrastructure-as-code tools such as Terraform, CloudFormation, Ansible, or Chef. Knowledge of Plumi is good
- Experience in building systems where observability is a first class concern using protocols and tools that cover the space of log aggregation, analytics, monitoring, distributed systems tracing and alerting
- Expert with containerization and cluster management technologies like Docker, Kubernetes and EKS.
- Familiarity with microservices architecture and container orchestration with Kubernetes
- Troubleshooting and customizing Kubernetes experience – it will deploy to Google GKE, Amazon EKS, or ECS
- Specialist in designing and managing a predictive alerting platform using monitoring tools such as Prometheus, Grafana, Cloudwatch, Splunk,
- Familiarity with build/release systems, CI/CD systems, Jenkins
- Proficient at Linux system administration
- Experience with modern web services architectures
- Experience with Git
- Able to build tools from scratch when needed
- Ability to quickly learn new and existing technologies
- Strong problem solving skills
- Expert in writing detailed solution specifications, diagrams, best practices/standards documentation, operating procedures, test plans/test reports, etc.
- Excellent communication skills - must be capable of effectively engaging and leading interactions with cross functional technical and business teams and varying levels of management. Able to comfortably present to customers and stakeholders.