ABOUT THIS FEATURED OPPORTUNITY
The main function of a firmware engineer in this role is to apply the principles of computer science and mathematical analysis to the design, development, and testing to develop firmware enabling embedded systems to meet customer requirements. A typical firmware software engineer researches, designs, develops and tests embedded software working with other Firmware engineers as well as engineers from other disciplines.
THE OPPORTUNITY FOR YOU
- Architect, design, implement, and test software enabling customers to meet their goals.
- Gather requirements from customers and break into tasks for execution.
- Create unit-tests to ensure software is always meeting quality needs.
- Work with Electrical, Firmware, and Software engineers to define solutions.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- Experience with embedded micro-controllers like ARM Cortex M0/M3/M4 architecture and boot mechanism, interrupt priorities and experience with configuring peripherals
- Experience with wireless and wired communication protocols, including USB, TCP/IP, Ethernet, Bluetooth and 802.1
- Experience producing production quality, fail-safe firmware for low-power real-time system control
- Experience with peripherals such as USB, SPI, MIPI CSI/DSI, I2C, UART, GPIO etc.
- Strong knowledge of C/C++
- Strong ability to troubleshoot issues and make system changes as needed to resolve issue.
- Strong knowledge of the full software development lifecycle: from business/systems analysis, through requirements gathering and functional specification authoring, to development, testing and delivery.
- Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Strong ability to work independently and manage one’s time
- Mentoring skills necessary to provide support and constructive performance feedback.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, software engineering or relevant field required.
LINKEDIN JOB TAG: