ABOUT THIS FEATURED OPPORTUNITY
We are looking for an Android Engineering Manager to help us build high quality applications that integrate with our services platform. The Mobile team is responsible for application architecture, development and innovation of new feature development to support consumer mobile solutions. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in Android design and development, with one or more apps in the Google Play Store. We are looking for candidates not only to produce great code, but also be able to produce great ideas and shape the future of our product.
THE OPPORTUNITY FOR YOU
- Successfully lead a high-performing software engineering team; participate in code reviews, wireframe designs and proof of concepts
- Coach and develop team members as well as be a part of the engineering hiring plan for the team, including sourcing, screening, and interviewing
- Help set team goals and technical direction while ensuring that they align with the goals of the larger organization
- Represent the team in planning, estimation and product meetings, effectively communicating the available features of the Android platform
- Help implement effective engineering processes and policies that emphasize quality, forward progress and timely delivery.
- Work with QA team in analyzing and resolving production issues and defects
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years as a Technical Lead/Manager with deep understanding of Android UX and UI design paradigms, and ability to implement and design Android apps
- Experience with Android SDK, Eclipse, Android Studio and/or appropriate equipment and software.
- 5 year(s) of overall software development and/or Android software development experience.
- Extensive hands-on experience of creating custom UI controls, designing protocols, implementing interfaces, and performance optimization.
- Experience working with and tuning high volume mobile applications
- Experience integrating with RESTful API backends