ABOUT THIS FEATURED OPPORTUNITY
Our client is looking for a Principal Software Engineer who has transformed legacy applications & systems into next generation cloud native platforms on GCP or Azure. The successful candidate would have demonstrated deep domain knowledge in Retail, Omni-commerce, and Digital. In addition, this role requires a fine balance between hands-on engineering and technology thought leadership.
THE OPPORTUNITY FOR YOU
- Own and lead the vision, strategy, and adoption of cloud.
- Drive world-class design and development of high scalable cloud native Omni platforms.
- Evangelize cloud automation and be a leader and expert defining standards for building and maintaining cloud platforms.
- Develop shared services like database, caching, messaging in cloud.
- Collaborate across all units to understand business strategy & align cloud services.
- Develop best practices around securing and leveraging cloud services.
- Be a lead through in depth discussions to choose cloud services and move new designs forward.
- Engage with cloud providers as needed.
- Recommend cost-effective strategies to migrate existing workloads to cloud.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering and 10-12+ years of related experience.
- 5+ years of experience implementing business critical, scalable, and high performing cloud computing applications on GCP or Azure.
- Experience in transforming legacy applications and systems into next generation cloud native platforms on GCP or Azure.
- Experience in cloud computing architecture, technical design, and implementations including (IaaS), (PaaS), and (SaaS) delivery models.
- Deep knowledge of cloud infrastructure components and experience with Business continuity and long-term data management in cloud environments.
- Experience with overall Cloud Security landscape.
- Deep technical understanding of Java/J2EE, REST and SOAP services, Hibernate, Kafka, Cloud, and Microservices.
- Proficiency in configuration management tools such as Chef, Puppet, or Ansible.