About This Featured Opportunity:
Join our top tech clients Self Service Engineering team within the Information Systems and Technology organization as a Sr. Software Engineer. We are looking for a highly motivated individual to create innovative and scalable solutions, who is passionate about quality and has a keen eye for details.
The Opportunity for You:
In this role, you will design and build the client’s mission critical customer facing applications. You will champion your ideas with peers, management and other engineering groups. You will also enjoy the benefits of working in a fast-growing business where you are encouraged to "Think Different" and where your efforts play a key role in the success of the client’s business.
Day To Day:
- Develop critical system components as well as review team deliverables for accuracy, quality, and completeness.
- Drive documentation of technical design and architecture of the system.
- Mentor and develop skills of junior software engineers in the team.
- Work under aggressive schedules and with cross functional teams to achieve large initiatives.
- Influence work of cross functional teams to ensure best in class solutions.
- Work with vendors, cross functional teams and internal partners.
- We seek a self-starter, visionary person with strong leadership capabilities.
- Exceptional communication skills, for collaborating across many participating teams.
- You will interact with many other group’s internal team to lead and deliver best-in-class products in an exciting fast-paced environment.
Key Success Factors:
- 12+ years of experience building scalable back end services
- 3+ years as a tech lead
- Expert knowledge of Java 11+, reactive Java, Scala, Netty and Nginx
- Extensive experience designing distributed applications architecture and implementing it on code heavily relying on distributed messaging, storage and compute
- Exceptional knowledge and hands-on experience in high volume events processing using both reactive streaming and batching for billions of events and multi-petabytes of data
- In-depth knowledge of relational, NoSQL and Graph databases, HDFS, Kafka, multiple data centers replication strategies and disaster recovery
- Strong understanding and experience with CI/CD pipelines, unit and integration testing, containerization, monitoring and alerting, production logs debugging
- Strong collaboration skills, system thinking and ability to clearly explain complex concepts
Disclaimer: We are unable to work on a Corp to Corp basis for this opportunity. However, ADVANTIS Global Inc. is able to provide sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B visa status)!
- Masters or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science / Software Engineering / Related field with a minimum of 8 years technical experience in relevant areas.