ABOUT THIS FEATURED OPPORTUNITY
Candidate will be responsible for assisting in the training of our client’s voice recognition system.
THE OPPORTUNITY FOR YOU
TTS systems start with input text and output phonetic information that is then shipped off to the back end, which in turn outputs a waveform (the bit that you hear on your phone). You would have the opportunity to take part in building the voice of our voice recognition software and providing the text to the corresponding speech data. Once the data comes through, you will examine the audio for errors and correct those errors by performing edits and annotations. This role will be focused on creation, annotation and analysis of all speech data. Hundreds of millions of users will experience your contributions though more natural and expressive voice recognition software. You’ll also have the opportunity to craft creative regular expressions, resolve homograph disambiguation, and thoughtfully prevent regressions, among other things.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- Native-level proficiency and up-to-date exposure to native culture: Taiwanese (zh_TW)
- Strong linguistic comprehension and excellent knowledge of structural aspects of the language (syntax, semantics, phonology, phonetics)
- Scripting skills in any of the following languages: Python, Bash, Shell, Perl, R, Regular Expressions
- Previous experience working with language data (e.g. research, analysis, translation, review)
- Experience using OS X or iOS a plus