ABOUT THIS FEATURED OPPORTUNITY
Candidate will be responsible for assisting in the training of our client’s voice recognition system.
THE OPPORTUNITY FOR YOU
TTS systems start with input text and output phonetic information that is then shipped off to the back end, which in turn outputs a waveform (the bit that you hear on your phone). You would have the opportunity to help create a new front end for your locale from the ground up through writing NLP code and leveraging the power of large amounts of data to solve complex NLP problems. Some of your day to day responsibilities will include: defining pronunciations for individual words/entities, transcribe data that trains grapheme-to-phoneme models, and write normalization rules to handle specific expression types. You’ll also have the opportunity to craft creative regular expressions, resolve homograph disambiguation, and thoughtfully prevent regressions, among other things.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- Native-level proficiency in one of the target languages and up-to-date exposure to native culture: English (AU), English (GB)
- Strong linguistic comprehension and excellent knowledge of structural aspects of the
language (syntax, semantics, phonology, phonetics)
- Scripting skills in any of the following languages: Python, Bash, Shell, R
- Previous experience working with language data (e.g. research, analysis, translation,
- Experience using OS X or iOS a plus