ABOUT THIS FEATURED OPPORTUNITY
Support the Campus Construction Manager during the construction of the multi-phased new build data center project at the assigned geographical location(s).
THE OPPORTUNITY FOR YOU
- Monitor and control budgetary spending and billings as well as assist with the development of capital project budgets and forecasts.
- Review and negotiate with the contractors and vendors all change orders, cost savings strategies from ROM development to final price approvals.
- Support the on-site inspection processes and commissioning as required by the Construction Project Manager.
- Work closely with the Procurement Department on equipment procurements, FWTs, deliveries, storage, startup, trouble shooting, and support warranty work as needed.
- Serve as POC for all ICM Leadership visits preparing presentation materials, scheduling meetings, and handle the logistics of these visits.
- Manage the Guard Building, SOC, and Administrative space build, coordinate with end users, and communicate schedule turnovers and deliverables to all stakeholders.
- Manage all warranty and “Day Two” projects with the Facilities team in the operational data center spaces
- Align with the contractor to develop the content and presentation for the turnover Hot Wash session with the facilities group.
- Provide weekly status reporting in the areas of Financial, Schedule, Quality, Safety, and Culture for leadership consumption on the site wide program.
- Provide construction consulting services to local Ops team and other cross functional departments.
- Occasional travel to our ICM headquarters or to internal summits not local to your work location will be expected (approx. 15% travel).
- Respond on an as-needed basis to on-site emergencies coordinating with local officials when necessary.
- Manage the construction, commissioning, and turnover of a Data Center within a campus program
- Manage the cost change process and negotiate best pricing
- Manage the schedule and associated risks to ensure reliable and predictable turnover dates
- Manage warranty and tenant improvement work in the live environment when/as necessary
- Communicate upward regarding the status and risks of the project
- Develop cost savings solutions and identify project savings/underruns early
- Coordinate needs and asks with the Procurement/Sourcing group(s) to support the needs of the Project
- Support the pre-construction efforts for upcoming projects
- Promote prefabrication strategies
- Support the development of Capital Project Budgets and Constructions ROMs
- Support the Campus/Site Lead CM with the campus-wide book of work including contractor, designer, and vendor management
- Support the on-site inspection process to ensure a zero punchlist and an expeditious turnover to Connectivity and FacOps
- Support the Regional Construction Operations Manager in the management of the regional book of work including contractor, designer, and vendor management
- Support the local DC Ops team and other cross-functional departments as needed
- Support and lead an industry leading safety culture and program
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering or equivalent degree
- 12+ years of professional experience in construction and project management
- Experience in large scale construction management- at least $500million size project
- Data Center industry or Complex (health care, aviation, higher education,- Science and tech, industrial
- Experience with New builds from the ground up
- Knowledge of electrical and mechanical systems
- Knowledge of industry standards, building codes and safety standards including fire protection regulations
- Negotiations skills and experience providing solutions to problems
- Experience with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Bluebeam
- Knowledge of capital budget management
- BIM 360 software experience
- eBuilder software experience
- Procore software experience