ABOUT THIS FEATURED OPPORTUNITY
Location: 100% onsite in Redmond, WA
Duration: 12 month contract (extensions up to 24 months/conversion to FTE possible)
We are seeking a highly skilled Sr. Software Engineer to work on Hardware integration projects. The ideal candidate will have experience working with Consumer Electronics, Firmware, and lab test equipment such as cameras, motion stages, and 6-dof manufacturing robots.
As a Software Engineer V on our team, you will be responsible for integrating all of these components and building scalable and reusable systems that allow for easy software updates and component swaps. In addition, you will be responsible for developing software that automates hardware systems to enable data collection. This will require a strong understanding of hardware components and firmware, as well as programming skills in languages such as C++ and Python.
THE OPPORTUNITY FOR YOU
A successful candidate will also have strong testing and debugging skills to ensure software operates as expected and hardware components are integrated properly. You will need to be able to gather requirements from stakeholders, develop software that meets those requirements, and ensure that the software operates as expected through thorough testing and debugging. Strong communication skills are essential for success in this role, as you will be working closely with cross-functional teams and providing updates on project status.
- Setting up and maintaining data collection SW
- C++ & Python debugging, understand different kinds of error analysis and communicate with other Research Engineers and Scientists.
- Writing SW that interfaces with HW.
- Design and execute experiments to validate product quality and investigate HW/SW issues.
- Design and commission automation procedures for experiments.
- Perform device calibration with proprietary equipment.
- Commission and operate complex measurement and test equipment
- Documentation of various processes and techniques with help from the core team.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, electrical engineering, or related field
- Strong programming skills in languages such as C++ and Python
- Experience working with hardware components and interfacing with firmware
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills and attention to detail
- Strong testing and debugging skills
- Requirements gathering skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Robot control or mechatronics experience. In particular:
- Controlling linear motion stages
- Controlling robot arms
- Knowledge about camera optics and acquisition settings
- Experience with VR or AR systems
- Statistical data analysis and visualization
- Experience with interfacing with HW, such as a Raspberry Pi
- Suggestions for sourcing
- Universities of applied sciences
- Company sponsored Health, Dental and Vision coverage
- 15 days of accrued PTO per year
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
- Advantis Global is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit, qualifications and abilities. Company policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth or medical condition related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, political affiliation, union membership, marital or registered domestic partnership status, military or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law (“Protected Characteristic”). Additionally, Advantis Global is committed to promoting pay equity and prohibits harassment of any employee on the basis of any Protected Characteristic.
- Advantis Global is a progressive and open-minded collective. If you’re smart, optimistic and care about being awesome at what you do, come as you are! We welcome you with open arms.
- This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.