ABOUT THIS FEATURED OPPORTUNITY
Duration: 6 Month Contract (extensions up to 2 years/conversion to FTE possible)
Locations: Remote in the following locations:
- Seattle, WA (preferred)
- Denver, CO
- Houston, TX
- Los Angeles, CA
- San Diego, CA
We are seeking a Soft Goods Technical Support Specialist to provide critical technical support to our textile engineering and material science team. The ideal candidate will have experience in textiles and softgoods, and a strong understanding of cross-functional collaboration. The position is a 6-month contract, extendable for up to 2 years. You’ll work amongst a group of 10 team members and collaborate with international vendors/suppliers located in China.
THE OPPORTUNITY FOR YOU
What makes this role interesting?
This is a great opportunity to work on state of the art augmented and virtual reality devices that will become the next platform in computing. You’ll gain valuable work experience at a large, consumer electronics company that is uniquely positioned to change the way humans interact with computers. In this role, you’ll also learn about how materials/textiles are selected for hardware and electronics product design and production.
- Develop and maintain a library of approved textile materials, including technical specifications and testing data.
- Manage material testing both in-house and with third-party partners, and maintain detailed records of all testing results.
- Communicate basic technical guidance and priorities to vendors, and serve as a key point of contact for vendors throughout the product development process.
- Manage version control of development textiles throughout the product development process, and ensure that all cross-functional partners have access to the most up-to-date information.
- Design and execute testing to satisfy cross-functional partner teams requirements, and facilitate down selection of textile materials.
- Source new vendors to expand our development partners in the US and East Asia.
- Build presentations and reports to aggregate test results and qualitative attributes, and explain technical directions to higher management levels.
- Procure new material samples that support programs and have them built into testable formats.
- Provide short time frame support on mini-programs that serve the immediate low volume needs of internal proof of concept and prototyping teams.
- Serve as a point of contact for the engineering and product development teams, and convert their requests into actionable programs through conversations.
- Communicate with vendors regarding timelines, volumes, and technical data, and maintain detailed records of all communications.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
TOP 3 Must-Have Skills:
- Soft Goods experience – Textiles
- Vendor Management Skills
- Consumer Electronics experience
Other Required Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Textile Engineering, Softgoods, or a related field.
- 2-3 years of experience in textiles and softgoods, preferably in a technical environment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize competing deadlines.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams, as well as vendors and suppliers.
- Knowledge of product development and manufacturing processes is a plus.
- Company sponsored Health, Dental and Vision coverage
- 15 days of accrued PTO per year
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
- Advantis Global is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit, qualifications and abilities. Company policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth or medical condition related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, political affiliation, union membership, marital or registered domestic partnership status, military or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law (“Protected Characteristic”). Additionally, Advantis Global is committed to promoting pay equity and prohibits harassment of any employee on the basis of any Protected Characteristic.
- Advantis Global is a progressive and open-minded collective. If you’re smart, optimistic and care about being awesome at what you do, come as you are! We welcome you with open arms.
- This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.