ABOUT THIS FEATURED OPPORTUNITY
Join a world-class team experimenting with bold ideas in areas including optics, haptics, tracking, displays, computer vision, user
experience, audio, and perceptual psychology. Work alongside expert Interaction Designers, Scientists, Mechanical Engineers, Electrical Engineers, and Software Engineers to create the
technology that makes AR pervasive and universal. Your work will be used in user research studies, technology demos, and proof of concept prototypes. The ideal candidate is a highly creative individual who has expertise in 3D interactive experiences and proficiency in Unity. Join the adventure of a lifetime as we make science fiction real and change the world.
You'll be responsible for researching, designing and prototyping interactions for AR. You'll work closely with designers, engineers, and researchers at our client's Research division.
THE OPPORTUNITY FOR YOU
As a Design Technologist at our client, you will explore, prototype, and build experiences that define the future of how people interact in AR. With our Research Team, you will explore, prototype, and create experiences that define the future of how people interact in AR. You love solving novel problems from first principles.
- Collaborate to build internal prototyping toolsets and processes
- Define and synthesize user requirements
- Help establish prototyping processes to align cross-functional teams
- Work with user research to user test and iterate on the prototypes
- Give and solicit feedback from others to raise the quality and craftsmanship of the product
- Quickly solve issues with your cross-functional leads
- Clearly articulate prototyping decisions to a vast set of internal stakeholders
- Thrive in dynamic, fast-paced environments
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- 4+ years of Prototyping or Game Development experience
- 2+ years experience shipping 3D software products / projects with Unity, including working with Unity with C#, 3D assets and tools
- 2+ years experience developing VR and/or AR projects
- Experience coding in networking protocol (ex. UDP/TCP, HTTP Requests, WebSocket) and messages queue frameworks
Would help to have:
Portfolio featuring examples of interactive prototype work:
Experience with building prototypes in short time frames
Approved Remote Locations: Denver, CO, New York, NY, Houston, TX , Los Angeles, CA, and San Diego, CA.
-Pacific Time Zone Preferred
-Very occasional travel (1-2 a year) required to Redmond, WA.