Network Security Engineer (Permanent) – Hybrid Remote (2 days onsite in Tampa, FL)
ABOUT THIS FEATURED OPPORTUNITY
We is searching for a talented and experienced Network Security Engineer, Lead. This role is perfect for a highly experienced and proactive person with outstanding engineering skills who thrives on being a leader and is passionate about new technologies. The Network Security Engineer, Lead will be responsible for maintaining and administering our company's computer networks and cybersecurity initiatives. The primary duties will include maintenance and troubleshooting of computer networks, industrial networks, hardware, software, and other related systems. Performing disaster recovery operations, protecting data, software, and hardware from attacks internal and external. You will also be working closely with the users, contractors, and remote staff of our network in order to proactively identify potential issues and fix existing problems. You will also oversee the operations, and tasks of multi-disciplined analysts and engineers from a mentorship and validation perspective.
THE OPPORTUNITY FOR YOU
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
• Plan, develop, implement and update company’s IT security strategy
• Security testing, Intrusion detection and Prevention, Documentation
• Develop, execute, and track the performance of security measures to protect information and network infrastructure and computer systems.
• Perform Benchmarking to validate configuration, and design implementation.
• Manage outside service providers
• Manage Network Implementation & Configuration (Meraki, Cisco, and Dell hardware)
• Manage Firewall Policy design, Implementation & Configuration (Meraki)
• Provide professional network diagram and operational support documentation to project manager.
• Manage Professional Industrial Control Network Design (Rockwell Automation knowledge is a plus) • Maintain and enhance Disaster Recovery and Backup programs (AWS knowledge is a plus)
• Monitor network for device failures, network performance degradation, system alarms
• Proactively recommend network enhancements to operations and engineering to limit reactive troubleshooting events and plant downtime.
• Reactively troubleshoot failures/issues, determine scope of problem, design & implement solutions
• Educate and train Company personnel on IT systems security and best practices
• Performs other duties as assigned
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- Comprehensive knowledge of network hardware, software, and system engineering processes
- Comprehensive knowledge of firewalls, access control, rule provisioning and cybersecurity posture
- Experience with business and IT strategy development, IT portfolio management, systems engineering and other related disciplines
- Experience with Industrial networks and SCADA Control Systems (Rockwell Automation, Stratix Switches)
- Excellent communication skills to directly communicate across functional teams toward common solutions
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and proficient technical writing and diagramming tools
- Industrial experience with network infrastructure, design, and troubleshooting
- Experience with at least two of the following technologies: (a) TCP/IP network design, implementation. administration. and support. (b) Network security design, implementation. administration. and support. (c) Network management and monitoring. (d) remote access and VPN
- CCNA Industrial, CCNP R&S or equivalent experience required
- 10+ years of experience in working in Information Technology in technical roles
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required