ABOUT THIS FEATURED OPPORTUNITY
Duration: 7 mo contract (Extensions possible up to 24 mo.)
Approved REMOTE Locations: Denver, CO, New York, NY, Houston, TX, Los Angeles, CA, and San Diego, CA.
We are seeking a Software Engineer (Python Engineer III) to complete porting a code base of Python 2.4.2 code to Python 3.6.x and migrate related infrastructure. This Engineer will also be responsible for developing and maintaining unit and system tests as well as clean-up and maintenance of Python packages.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- 3+ years of Python Development experience, including experience with legacy Python (2.4.x), lib2to3 and its extensions
- Familiarity with an autotools/makefile based build capability
- Working knowledge of Python3, especially deployment and installation
- 3+ years of experience with Shell or any other Linux-based scripting languages
Good to have:
- Experience creating, packaging, and releasing python applications built from multiple packages (Required or able to pick up quickly)
- Expertise in package versioning and maintenance of same, setting up private PyPi repo installations and virtual environments (Required or able to pick up quickly)
- Experience using setup tools for building packages, both console scripts and non console scripts along with adjunct package data (ie. things like json files, xml, etc.) (Good to have)
- Experience with developing Python unit testing and maintaining tests in a CI/CD environment.
- Prior experience as a Porting Specialist or experience with porting large scale production Python code from version 2.x to 3.x
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or relevant field required.