ABOUT THIS FEATURED OPPORTUNITY?
As a Mechanical Engineer within the multidisciplinary Concept Design Team, you will employ your expertise in problem solving and prototyping to accelerate product development across our hardware organization. You will collaborate with teams within Hardware Engineering, Research and Development, and Industrial Design. These projects cover a wide variety of technical challenges unique to our client's hardware portfolio. This role requires expertise in both designing and building functional prototypes, including proficiency in integrated design, CAD, rapid prototyping and fabrication processes as well as a thorough understanding of when and how to implement the appropriate processes to provide robust applied solutions. You will work at every stage of the hardware lifecycle with a particular focus on concept ideation and early-to-mid stage development.
THE OPPORTUNITY FOR YOU
- Collaborate with our team and engineering teams to solve complex design and UX challenges, employing mechanical and electro-mechanical design and fabrication skills
- Design and build prototypes to the appropriate level of fidelity, considering product requirements goals, and constraints with an outlook on how prototyping decisions translate into production
- Effectively employ computer aided design (CAD), sketching, and prototyping to clearly communicate design ideas and concept directions
- Drive large scale integrated project work and establish achievable schedule and interim milestones for team members to deliver against project requirements
- Communicate constraints, progress, and other critical project information to partner teams
- Leverage both internal and external manufacturing resources to produce deliverables to an appropriate level of fidelity
- Design and finish concepts to rigorous cosmetic / aesthetic requirements
- Ability to execute multiple streams of work simultaneously and independently balance and prioritize project workload to ensure success against timeline constraints
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- Bachelor in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience
- 3 years of experience in a hands-on Engineering/Design role in a multi-disciplinary team with experience in consumer electronics and product development
- Experience executing at a systems-level and working across a cross-functional organization including Engineering, Industrial Design, Research, etc.
- Experience designing prototypes with production feasibility in mind
- Hands-on experience and knowledge of prototype development processes, including: rapid prototyping, 3D printing, CNC machining, molding, casting, electrical prototyping, electromechanical integration
- CAD experience (NX, SolidWorks, Fusion 360, Rhino,), including design of complex mechanical systems, integration of electrical assemblies and manipulation of complex ID surface geometry
- Experience working closely with Electrical Engineering, with an understanding of how to prototype and integrate PCBs and electrical assemblies into mechanical systems