***This is a 100% onsite role in Seattle, WA***
ABOUT THIS FEATURED OPPORTUNITY
We are looking for an Android Internals Software Engineer to develop, port, and test Software and Firmware layers inside the Android Stack. The Android Internals software engineer takes existing applications written in C/C++ and ports them to the Android Platform. Other projects may involve working with Android services and applications, generic Linux applications, low-level device driver development and kernel configuration for different hardware architectures.
THE OPPORTUNITY FOR YOU
- Develops Firmware using SyncBoss SW package
- Develops applications on the Zephyr RTOS
- Develop Kernel and User mode drivers on the Android Platform.
- Android framework customization and porting onto custom hardware platforms.
- Diagnoses and resolves errors/findings from Android Compatibility Test Suite test results.
- Plans, designs, modifies and implements software applications from functional and system design specifications.
- Supports system test programs and analyzes system testing results.
- Documents designs in engineering documents including functional block diagrams and data/logic flow charts.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- 3+ years of Android software development experience with deep technical focus on Android OS Drivers, AOSP, Java API Framework, Framework extensions, and System services.
- Expert programming knowledge in C, C++ and Java.
- Linux Kernel Driver Development experience.