Librarian / Technical Writer- Contract- On-site Redmond, WA
ABOUT THIS FEATURED OPPORTUNITY
We are seeking a contract librarian / technical writer to help advance an ambitious research project aiming to develop technologies that will augment human capabilities and enable effortless communication in acoustically challenging environments. We are accepting applications from individuals with a mix of information organization and technical writing skills to help organize and maintain existing and new documentation, as well as help to improve the quality of technical writing and documentation produced.
- Organize and maintain wiki so that it is easy and intuitive to find information about the team (e.g., organization structure, mission, goals, onboarding information, best practices).
- Organize and maintain document repositories, including optimization of searchability and discoverability of existing and new materials.
- Guide the team towards correct use of documentation organization and tagging standards.
Technical writing / editing
- Create and maintain document templates and internal writing guides and standards.
- Create new documents or edit existing documents based on requirements provided by team members.
- Assist team members with writing, editing, and curation of written materials (e.g., research papers, strategic goal documents, research roadmaps, etc.), revising and copyediting papers as necessary for their intended use and audience.
- Select, acquire, and catalog research materials and information; assist researchers in locating and utilizing materials relevant to their research.
- Find and summarize research papers, pulling references, and building and organizing a catalogue of purchased research papers.
- Develop annotated bibliographies of known seminal works, researching and documenting relationships between published papers and their authors and tracing sources and influences of published works.
- Maintain the document development and submission pipeline for publications including creation of schedules and deadlines.
- Maintain and prioritize work request backlog in coordination with assignment manager.
EXPERIENCE & SKILL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and manage ones time
- Basic mentoring skills necessary to provide writing support and constructive feedback to team members
- Information architecture
- Technical writing
- Editing technical papers
- Researching and cataloging research papers
- Tools: Wiki, Google Docs, Quip
- BA in English or BA/BS in scientific field