The position of Staff Accountant is responsible for providing a high level of confidential accounting, and administrative support to the business office. The incumbent will utilize knowledge in the use of ERP and Payroll software, administration, organization, effective communication, and customer service to proactively support the daily accounting procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Performing payroll and employee functions including bi-weekly payroll processing and reporting including:
- Processes bi-weekly payroll, including non-exempt timecard processing.
- Oversees the importing of payroll information into the GL.
- Coordinates with the Human Resources Office to ensure that all pay changes and deductions are reflected appropriately in the payroll system.
- Produces payroll reports necessary to reconcile to General Ledger and performs timely reconciliations.
- Prepares all journal entries related to payroll and employee benefits.
- Reconciles annual W-2 reports.
- Assists in workers’ compensation audit.
- Daily activities related to billing and collections for the School’s programs using tools such as Blackbaud NXT and Smart Tuition.
- Communicating billing issues with parents in a professional manner.
- Work with the Development team to properly account for gifts including maintaining the accounting database of contributors.
- Provides administrative support to the CFOO.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Undergraduate Degree Required, strongly preferred in Accounting or Finance.
- Public Accounting Experience Preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs and Windows based computer systems.
- Experience using ERP software, preferably Blackbaud.
- Previous experience in an educational environment is a plus, but not required.
- Flexible, responsible, resourceful with effective time-management skills.
- Excellent organizational and follow-through skills.
- Ability to quickly grasp and take on responsibilities.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong ability to work with and maintain confidential information.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple projects