Job Description: User Experience Writer
About the Role
We are looking for a User Experience Writer & Content Designer to join a group of performance-driven UX design and content user-advocates. We are continuously seeking ways to reach our customers more effectively and efficiently—all while building an enduring brand. You’ll be involved in defining and creating translating user needs into meaningful and desirable customer experiences and will work alongside product designers, researchers, managers, engineers, and more.
In this role, you will be responsible for writing high-quality UX content for complex user journeys that lead our users through several of our product experiences. In this high-visibility area, we seek a passion for words as well as a mastery of conversation, delight, and thought leadership-driven language—and an ability to know when to push and pull on each.
We’re looking for someone who’s:
- Very passionate about user experience and the role words play.
- Able to thrive in an agile work environment, and pivot when needed.
- Deeply collaborative and can bring teams together to solve problems.
- Very comfortable in a fast-paced work environment.
- People-focused and wants to design and build products that truly have a meaningful impact.
- Able to offer:
- Superb communication skills, both verbal and written (internal as well as externally facing).
- Excellent organizational abilities and attention to detail.
- A demonstrated ability to persuade partners and diplomatically resolve conflict.
Experience we’d like to see:
- 4-5 years of professional writing experience including 2+ years UX content writing or content design experience and understanding of UX principles.
- Able to create usable and consumable content design deliverables for user research, the organization, and strategic efforts with minimal oversight. And be able to take direction from stakeholders and decision makers.
- Acute attention to detail to ensure consistent, considered outputs.
- Solid understanding of current design thinking, UX content design best practices, and radical user-focus within and across complex groups, if not large organizations.
- Solid experience working with UX designers, researchers, developers, and product/program owners within a UX, creative, marketing, or similar setting.
- Understanding of the importance of UX success tracking, able to tease content insights from research/analytics outcomes and analysis.
- Exposure to UX research methodologies including primary, secondary, qualitative, and quantitative efforts; and the ability to influence peers regarding content testing needs.
- Able to extend content design thinking/approaches into other internal content areas.
- Active exposure to agile UX approach and partnership cadence with design and product/development partners.
- Exposure to leadership teams and be comfortable presenting ad-hoc insights and answers to the senior leaders at critiques, reviews, etc.
- Deliver compelling, informative, and engaging content design experiences for several Product verticals.
- Think holistically about the end-to-end user journey and product ecosystem.
- Think critically not just about the right words for an experience, but about the right experience for words.
- Articulate and communicate problems, concepts, and solutions.
- Continuously strive to find better ways of doing things.
- Use previous experience, a fresh eye, and/or content design principles to create the best outcomes for our customers.
- Help educate the product organization about the importance of cross-functional team engagement that leverages content, visual design, and research.
- Help build foundational Content Design processes, standards, metrics definition, and engagement protocols that facilitate top-value partnerships across UX, product, and engineering teams.
- Bring content, writing, and “use of words” excellence to every endeavor:
- In internal emails and messaging: Be responsive to, concise with, and empathetic toward your colleagues.
- In meetings: Communicate with passion and focus that the desired outcome is the best user experience possible.
- In all deliverables: Ensure that any writing (documents, decks, pattern library, etc.) represents content “from the team and of the Product Design team,” representing our passion for words in their consistency, simplicity, and memorability.
Skills and Requirements:
- Experience with design/writing collaboration tools (high- and/or low-fidelity), Google office suite and ability to quickly acclimate to document/chat/video collaboration tools like Slack, Figma, Miro, Confluence.
Nice to have:
- Experience with both B2B & B2C audiences
- Experience with consumer healthcare products.
- Background in UX writing/content design for both mobile apps and web experiences.
Please submit a resume and a link to any available writing samples with your application materials.