ServiceNow Business Systems Analyst
Seasoned ServiceNow Business Systems Analyst with functional and technical expertise of the ServiceNow platform and associated business processes. Responsible for formulating systems scope and objectives relative to business needs and industry best practices, and for improving and providing support for our ServiceNow platform. Will play a key role in the execution of our ServiceNow roadmap. Must be self-motivated and able to adapt to new technologies and shifting priorities in a dynamic environment.
Acts independently or as a member of a project team responsible for providing technical guidance concerning the business implications of the various ServiceNow applications. Provides technical consulting on complex projects. Devises and/or modifies procedures to solve complex technical problems with solutions that are efficient and scalable. Position utilizes a combination of professional, business and technical systems knowledge and skills.
- Analysis & Design: Requirements gathering, process improvement, impact assessments, design solutioning, story writing, grooming, level of effort estimation
- Quality Assurance: peer reviews, functional testing, user acceptance testing (UAT)
- Production Support: incidents, service requests, CDMB support, system administration activities, proactive identification of system deficiencies and recommendations
- Project management: sprint planning, technical projects, releases
- Documentation: system documentation, process and standards, knowledge articles
- Other activities as assigned
Knowledge & Skills
- Advanced analytical skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- ServiceNow Advanced System Administration
- Strong working knowledge of ServiceNow Now Platform core capabilities such as CMDB, Workflows, Reporting, Service Catalog, Service Portal, etc.
- Working knowledge of ServiceNow applications such as ITSM, ITOM, ITBM and/or SecOps.
- Working knowledge of ServiceNow Automated Testing Framework (ATF)
- ServiceNow Configuration Management (CMDB) experience preferred
- ServiceNow Discovery and Service Mapping experience preferred
- Experience with database design schemas and data modeling
- Working knowledge of Agile-based methodologies (such as Scrum)
- Project management experience
- Translate business requirements into technical specifications and vice-versa
- Guide critical systems development to meet business needs
- Design scalable solutions with a clear understanding of dependencies, connections and risks
- Influence solution design and approach to minimize customizations and technical debt
- Stay abreast of ServiceNow latest features and best practices
- Develop and maintain knowledge, technical and process documentation, as needed
- Collaborate and communicate actively with the team, sharing knowledge and best practices
- Collaborate with other teams to clarify requirements and troubleshoot/resolve reported problems
- Collaborate with and oversee third party vendors on projects, as needed
- Manage concurrent projects, activities and tasks under time constraints
- Coordinate cross-functional teams towards task completion.
- Perform duties with limited supervision
Education & Experience/Licenses & Certification
- 5+ years applied technical experience or a combination of equivalent education and experience
- 3+ years of ServiceNow business analysis and administration experience
- ServiceNow System Administration Certification strongly preferred
- ServiceNow Application Developer Certification a plus
- ITIL Foundations Certification a plus
- Technical consulting experience a plus
Work Environment/Physical Requirements
Works in an office environment sitting at a desk, table or computer workstation for extended periods of time. May travel by car, plane or other form of transportation to attend business meetings or conferences. Approximately 50% – 80% of job duties require the use of a personal computer.