ABOUT THE FEATURED OPPORTUNITY
In short, our DevOps Engineers, are responsible to help us innovate upon the way our teams develop, test and deploy our software. We have many Agile teams cranking out custom software and integrating with third party applications and vendors. We are often on the bleeding edge of technology and are looking for people committed to agility and a lifetime of learning.
In long, our DevOps Engineers are responsible to:
- Develop automation and processes to enable teams to deploy, manage, configure, scale and monitor their applications in data centers and in cloud
- Actively participate in high level team activities such as suggesting architecture improvements, recommending process improvements and conducting tool evaluations
- Help solve business needs with technology by evaluating different options and vendor products
- System troubleshooting and problem solving across platform and application domains
- Participate in on-call escalations to troubleshoot customer facing issues
- Take ownership of end-to-end solutions provided by teams across the organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. The ability to talk and write with confidence, charisma, and competence for a wide variety of audiences including management.
- A mind for the details. Okay, we know "detail-oriented" is on about every job description - but we really mean it!
- Agile in a fast-paced environment. We move, and we move quickly. Thriving in an environment that never stops, is a must.
- Plays well with others. You will be working in a high-functioning team environment. We work together in order to win together.
- Rebel with a cause. You are always looking beyond the obvious for continuous improvement.
- Entrepreneurial spirit. An attitude and approach to thinking that actively seeks out change. You will need a mindset that embraces critical questioning, innovation, and continuous improvement.
- Strategic thinker. We are looking for an individual that takes an insightful, future-oriented, open-minded, and proactive approach to think.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS:
- Strong understanding of Software Development Life Cycle, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (Application, Database, Data Science, Infrastructure)
- Experience working with high availability, high performance, multi-data center systems, and hybrid cloud environments (they are on prem and in cloud)
- Experience with logging and monitoring tools such as Splunk, StackDriver, DataDog, or Azure Monitor and/or application performance monitoring (APM) tools such as Application Insights, DynaTrace, DataDog, New Relic or AppDynamics
- Strong ability to troubleshoot complex issues ranging from system resources to application stack traces
- Comfortable with Agile methodologies and working closely within small teams
- Experience with CI tools such as Azure DevOps, Jenkins, Bamboo or CircleCI
- Experience in deploying to and managing cloud infrastructure and services in Azure, GCP, or AWS
- Context switch on the fly working across multiple lines of business and a variety of technologies
- Support and develop processes that promote developer self-empowerment and self service
- BS in Computer Science (or equivalent) and 1-2 of solid experience as DevOps Engineer (or 3+ years of application development equivalent) supporting development efforts in a high availability environment
- Solid understanding of both network and systems security
- Strong experience with building, deploying, and monitoring container-based applications
- Experience with a Kubernetes orchestration platform such as AKS, GKE or EKS
- Extensive knowledge of Windows-based systems including software, IIS, and .NET applications
- Experience in development with PowerShell or other scripting languages
THE OPPORTUNITY FOR YOU:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision. Pays a nice chunk of your premiums to keep the cost as low as possible for our employees.
- 16 Days PTO and 6 paid Holidays. Because who doesn’t love time off?
- Benefits like 401(k), company-paid life insurance, short and long-term disability.
- Casual Dress. Come dressed in jeans (you’ll fit right in with the rest of us).
- Game Room. Gimme a break - no, not a Kit Kat ad but we do have a ping-pong table, and pool table if you ever need a break in your day.
- Wellness Program and In-House Gym. We want our employees to be the best versions of themselves. That’s why we offer a Wellness Program that includes an in-house gym, B12 shots, teeth cleanings, biometric screenings, and much more!
- Growth opportunities. We take a lot of pride in promoting from within. We have spent the last 14 years growing our team members and taking them on the path to owning their careers!
Standard Consultant Benefits (For all Standard Roles)
- Medical, Dental, and Vision plans
- Voluntary Benefits - Commuter