ABOUT THE FEATURED OPPORTUNITY
Data Modeler (DM) will design, implement, and document PCHP's data architecture and data modeling solutions, which includes modeling for staging, raw vault, business vault, and info marts in a Data Vault 2.0 environment. The DM will work closely with PCHP's data architects, engineers, and analysts to implement data modeling solutions that will streamline and support PCHP's enterprise information management.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS:
- Five years of hands-on experience in the design of enterprise data warehouses in a Microsoft SQL Server environment.
- Five years of experience in building conceptual, logical, and physical models for relational and dimensional data using industry standard tools such as Visio, Erwin, etc.
- Two years of experience working with healthcare data, preferably in a managed care environment.
- Five years of experience working with SSIS and writing SQL or PL/SQL queries.
- Experience with visual analytical tools such as Power BI, SSRS, Tableau, or Qlikview is preferred.
- Data modeling experience with Data Vault 2.0 is highly preferred.
- Data Vault 2.0 certification is highly preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server databases, and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Strong attention to detail and excellent analytical, critical thinking, and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong knowledge of metadata management, data modeling, and related tools.
- Ability to design models that reduce data redundancy, streamline data movements, and improve enterprise information management.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively and work as part of a team in a fast-changing environment.
- Ability to work independently as well as with development teams on DB architecture and design.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and documentation skills.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple competing projects and deadlines.
THE OPPORTUNITY FOR YOU
- Oversee and govern the expansion of existing data architecture and the optimization of data query performance via best practices.
- Implement business and IT data requirements through new data strategies and designs across all data platforms (staging, raw vault, business vault, and info marts) and environments (dev, test, prod).
- Collaborate with business stakeholders and application/solution teams to implement data strategies, build data flows, and develop conceptual, logical, and physical data models.
- Define and govern data modeling and design standards, tools, best practices, and related development for enterprise data models.
- Analyze and translate business needs into long-term solution data models.
- Perform hands-on modeling, design, configuration, installation, and performance tuning.
- Maintain conceptual, logical and physical data models along with corresponding metadata and develop best practices for standard naming conventions and coding practices to ensure consistency of data models.
- Evaluate data models and physical databases for variances and discrepancies and validate business data objects for accuracy and completeness.
- Analyze data-related system integration challenges and propose appropriate solutions.