Xentity is supporting amazing impactful solutions in the Geospatial, Open Data, Big Data, and IoT world. We like to be on the wave of innovative data initiatives, programs, and solutions for our clients. We hope you are too.
Our employees truly know that they are making small differences that result in positive change in the world with new data flows, scripts, products, and delivery platforms in earth agencies and companies. You’ll be supporting clients as they move their legacy manual data flows into data-driven automated workflows to support challenges not limited to:, Forest Management, Wildland Fire, Parks, Intelligent Transportation Systems, and Geospatial/Open Data Platforms. We are looking for someone who thrives in change, growth, and impact.
This role is a traditional business analyst performing and delivering user stories decomposition, evaluating research requirements; process reengineering; modeling workflows, developing business models. Business analysts will do workflow, requirements, and high-level architecture. Through process-driven, customer-centric, performance-led analysis, and repeatable systematic procedures, can uncover and present opportunities, findings, and potential alternatives for improvement, savings, efficiencies, effectiveness, trends, and further studies in appropriate analysis. Business analysis may include operation quality analysis, business case financial modeling, user experience, statistics-based, domain or general corporate policy analysis, requirements analysis, governance analysis, business process analysis, program assessment, industry and market analysis, data lifecycle management, business service portfolio and stakeholder input analysis. Data involved may be Geospatial, Open Data, Big Data, and IoT data.
- Coordinate and facilitate meetings to collect business requirements for both alphanumeric and spatial data needs;
- Research and understand the business data requirements and potential users of assigned data standards development projects;
- Document the business data requirements for each potential user of the data;
- Broad understanding and ability to evaluate and pilot new technology
- Analyze the business data process, procedures, and desired outputs to identify problems and determine optimal solutions;
- Use process modeling techniques to facilitate understanding of business processes and the development of data business rules;
- Develop as-is and to-be process models, use case models, activity diagrams, data models and entity relationship models;
- Use process/workflow software (e.g. Visio. Lucid Charts, ER/Studio Business Architect) to create process models for review by business subject matter experts (SMEs);
- Capture business rules for integration in activity diagrams and data model documentation;
- Develop business requirement documents and create functional specifications for alphanumeric and geospatial data systems;
- Use standard templates to develop written technical documentation (such as user requirements, data standard reports, data standard implementation plans, data quality plans, and metadata);
- Develop and document data quality plans for each appropriate section of developed data standards
- Develop and document appropriate metadata records for the contents of developed data standards.
Required Technical Experience:
- Experience mapping and tracing data from system to system in order to solve a given business or data problem;
- Experience in concepts, practices, and procedures within a natural resource or land management organization;
- Experience working with data stewards, data modelers, business analysts, data administrators, and project managers to interpret and translate business needs into applications and derive alphanumeric and geospatial data requirements including data models, schemas, and domains;
- Experience in identifying and documenting reference data sources, integration processes, and domain values;
- Knowledge of business analysis, modeling, and wire framing software tools such as Microsoft Visio and Balsamiq Mockups;
- General knowledge of high level (conceptual), logical, and physical data models;
- Working knowledge of data modeling software (e.g. Idera ER/Studio Data Architect, Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect or CA ERwin).
- Experience business analysis in ESRI stack and basic GIS, Geospatial awareness
- Preference will be given to candidates that demonstrate knowledge of land resource management concepts and practices
Bachelor's Degree min educ and minimum 8 yrs experience
Previous experience supporting Natural Resources and/or Land Management or similar mission.
Must be able to pass basic NACI, background, drug and reference checks.
Remote Position, with opportunities to be on-site in Denver, CO
- We emphasize a balance of work and life and target 40-50 hour weeks with ample time to refresh with great paid-time off.
- Salary & Bonus Programs - Competitive Salary. Multiple Recognition and Rewards Bonus Programs (Performance Bonus plan reviewed twice annually - total ranging from 2-5% of salary and Business Development Bonus Plan, Employee Referral Bonus Plan, and Company Profit Sharing Plan).
- Paid Time off - (10) Paid Holidays, (10) Personal Time Off, and (5) Sick Leave
- Medical Insurance - Coverage for Major Medical and Surgical, Medical Health Care, Dependents’ Health Care with 100% of employee or 80% employee and 50% family. Options to enroll in Dental Insurance, Vision Discount Program, Prescription Discount Program, Group Term Life Insurance, Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, and Professional insurance advisors to guide employees through these benefits as needed.
- Solid, managed retirement savings plan including - Multiple 401(k) funds with traditional and Roth options, Company paid fees, Company Match, Third-party Trust Management with personalized retirement portfolio web analysis tools.
We are a fast-growing data consulting and support services firm - focused on large data programs in data types such as geospatial, open, big, and IoT data. We have high profile clients and projects that our staff really deliver for, as well enjoy knowing they make a large difference.
Xentity is an EEOC (Equal Employment Opportunity Commission) company and SBA certified small disadvantaged business