ABOUT THIS FEATURED OPPORTUNITY
At our client, their goal is to explore, innovate and design novel interfaces and hardware subsystems for the next generation of virtual, augmented, and mixed reality experiences.
We are looking for a skilled and motivated Software Engineer to join our team. We are specifically looking for a candidate with experience in C++ and who can work with a team of researchers who are building prototype research devices.
More broadly, the chosen candidate will work with a diverse and highly interdisciplinary team of researchers and engineers and will have access
to cutting edge technology, resources, and testing facilities. The ideal candidate will be someone who likes to learn constantly, dive into new areas with unfamiliar technologies, and embrace the ambiguity of AR/VR problem solving.
They will also be someone who likes to collaborate in a team environment across multiple scientific and engineering disciplines, making the architectural tradeoffs required to rapidly deliver software solutions.
THE OPPORTUNITY FOR YOU
- Analyze, evaluate, design, develop, integrate, debug and test real-time AR and VR software for advanced prototypes and user experiences
- Build software, tools, infrastructure, documentation and other systems that enable research scientists to be more effective and efficient
- Write clean readable code, debug complex problems that span systems, prioritize ruthlessly and get things done with a high level of efficiency
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- BS degree in the field of computer science or related field.
- 5+ years experience with C++, including C++11 (and up) features and principles.
- 2+ years experience using game engines such as Unreal or Unity
- Experience shipping one or more products using standard software development toolsets such as source control and continuous integration systems
- Experience developing AR/VR applications
- Experience with 3D math and linear algebra
- Experience integrating third-party hardware and custom SDKs into existing engines
- 3+ years experience creating, extending, integrating and maintaining real-time 3D game engine systems such as graphics rendering, audio, physics, networking or animation