ABOUT THIS FEATURED OPPORTUNITY?
Facebook is seeking an experienced Construction Project Manager to join our Data Center Engineering & Construction Team. Our data centers are the foundation upon which our rapidly scaling infrastructure efficiently operates and upon which our innovative services are delivered. Building and operating data centers the "right" way is synonymous with ensuring high uptime, capacity availability and capital conservation. The data center engineering team thinks from chip to chiller (or electrical substation), determining configurations and ensuring maximum efficiency of our compute infrastructure.
THE OPPORTUNITY FOR YOU
- Understands the Project Objectives
- Coordinates constructibility walk downs and reviews
- Coordinates facility operations resources where required
- Participates in weekly project review meetings
- Drives completion of as-built drawings/documents from the red lined drawings provided by construction
- Develops RFP and scope of work documents and leads the biding process
- Performs initial review and ensures completeness of engineered equipment bid packages / tabs
- Inputs owner-initiated contracts and change orders needed for the project
- Interface for site directed questions and responses
- Assists the Project Manager and Design Manager to perform exploratory work as needed
- Provides input to develop cost estimates and project schedules
- Interfaces with the Design Manager and follows up on/resolves specific project issues and model review issues
- Assists the Project Manager with Management of Change reviews and follow-ups
- Manages the assembly of the final documentation needed for start-up
- Interfaces with the sourcing team to expedite equipment and materials as needed
- Establishes warranty process by time of substantial completion
- Coordinates warranty pre-expiration review walks and issues findings
- Review of RFI & Submittal Logs to identify any hot items needing attention from the Project Team.
- Review of Punch List and status of closure. Ensure walks and meetings are scheduled to close items.
- Owner Training- Align the internal teams to coordinate with vendors and subcontractors to provide owner training and associated training videos.
- Document Control & Turnover Closeout - Facilitates meetings to review Document Control Turnover and identify any hot items needing attention.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent degree
- Minimum of four (4) years professional experience in any combination of construction, operations, maintenance, and project planning.
- Overall understanding of building systems including mechanical, electrical, and fire protection in a mission critical environment.
- Familiarity with retrofit projects in live data centers or other mission critical buildings including the development of Methods of Procedures (MOPs).
- Knowledge of local US industry standards, building codes and safety standards.
- Effective negotiation skills and experience providing solutions to complex problems under pressure.
- Knowledge of CPM scheduling practices and familiarity with Primavera P6 software.
- Functional in MS Office products (e.g. Word, Excel, and PowerPoint etc.).
- Data center design and construction experience.
- Project Manager Professional certification.