Cartographer - pass thru candidate
Xentity is supporting amazing impactful solutions in the Geospatial, Open Data, Big Data, and IoT world. We like to be on the wave of innovative data initiatives, programs, and solutions for our clients. We hope you are too.
We are seeking a Cartographic Technician to support a government client.
- Acquires, compiles, processes, converts, updates, edits, and attributes spatial data files. Uses computer technology to acquire digital files and documentation from FTP and various Internet/Intranet Web sites.
- Assists Staff with technical consulting in areas of automated cartographic design, compilation, and construction.
- Provides computer technology for the production of intermediate-scale (100K) National maps, thematic maps, illustrations (printing, on-demand plotting, on- line release) and other graphics (such as status, parcels, special area boundary plots) for both internal map compilation and external off-set printing.
- Helps define requirements for Python program scripts to process digital data files, assign line weights, polygon shades, and place annotation for plotting purposes (Production is conducted in Windows systems, using multiple versions of ArcGIS Software, as well as other supporting hardware and software).
- Assists Data Management group to maintain a comprehensive digital database and metadata.
- Researches, collects, and collates data from survey notes, MTPs, cadastral plots, field notes, oral and written notes, and other various cartographic sources, in order to assist in designing and executing complex multi-sheet maps which often require a departure from standard methodologies and practices in order to produce, and many times involve the use of substandard and/or conflicting source data at varying scales.
- Edits and maintains cartographic database integrity by ensuring that data input procedures have been followed, and designs procedures for complex data analysis and retrieval. Creates and maintains metadata for use by others.
- Assists in the production of any additional documentation as appropriate to complete the effort as required by the map production process and as directed.
- Traditional Cartographer Role - ESRI Skills
- Past Government Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in IT, GeoSciences or specific relevant subject area and minimum 3 yrs experience
- Previous experience supporting scientific programs, preferably government related, in earth management and sciences including topographic, geological or a myriad of dozens of other critical earth sciences.
- Able to rapidly context switch across subject matter, communication and architecture products, and stakeholder audiences.
- Must be able to pass basic NACI, background, drug and reference checks.
- No Relocation Assistance, must be local.
- On-site in Denver West, CO
- We emphasize a balance of work and life and target 40-50 hour weeks with ample time to refresh with great paid-time off.
- Salary & Bonus Programs - Competitive Salary. Multiple Recognition and Rewards Bonus Programs (Performance Bonus plan reviewed twice annually - total ranging from 2-5% of salary and Business Development Bonus Plan, Employee Referral Bonus Plan, and Company Profit Sharing Plan).
- Paid Time off - Self Managed Time Off Including 11 Paid Holidays
- Medical Insurance - Coverage for Major Medical and Surgical, Medical Health Care, Dependents’ Health Care with 100% of employees or 80% employee and 50% family. Options to enroll in Dental Insurance, Vision Discount Program, Prescription Discount Program, Group Term Life Insurance, Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, and Professional insurance advisors to guide employees through these benefits as needed.
- Solid, managed retirement savings plan including - Multiple 401(k) funds with traditional and Roth options, Company paid fees, Company Match, Third-party Trust Management with personalized retirement portfolio web analysis tools.
- About Xentity
We are a fast-growing data consulting and support services firm - focused on large data programs in data types such as geospatial, open, big, and IoT data. Check out www.xentity.com to learn about our focus, services, clients, missions, values as well as our excellent benefits package and career information.
We have high profile clients and projects that our staff really deliver for, as well enjoy knowing they make a large difference.
Xentity is an EEOC (Equal Employment Opportunity Commission) company and SBA certified small disadvantaged business