San Francisco, California
Project Management/Program Management
Current Date Script
Why? (what is the business reason behind the open role)
Growth – Addition to the team
Our client is looking for an experienced and dedicated scrum master to join their growing team. The individual in this role would be responsible for overseeing their software development team and working under the agile methodology. They are seeking a candidate who has proven leadership skills, the ability to think critically and problem-solve, and a track-record of ensuring project milestones and deadlines are met.
- 3+ years of experience in playing the Scrum Master role for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
- Knowledge of other Agile approaches: XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, etc.
- Awareness and experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games.
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
- Ability to apply a wide variety of well-documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (example: various Burndown technologies, many Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc.).
- Displays strong communication, organizational, analytical, critical thinking, and team building skills
- Proactive, consistently demonstrates initiative to take ownership of resolving issues and gaps
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills.
- Must possess the ability to work well with many different kinds of people, departments, and divisions
- Bachelor's Degree in appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience
- Microsoft Azure Cloud experience
- Experience within a SAFe environment
Day to Day responsibilities:
- Guide team and organization on how to use agile/scrum practices and values.
- Evolve the scrum maturity of the team and organization and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization.
- Guide team on how to get the most of self-organization and filling in intentional gaps left in the agile/scrum frameworks.
- Responsible for the facilitation of daily stand-ups, sprint planning, sprint demos, retrospectives and decision-making processes to ensure quick inspection and proper use of adaptation process.
- Ability to forecast the number of deliverables possible in an iteration.
- Create useful, reliable and practical plans for software development projects.
- Support and educate the Product Owner, especially on grooming and maintaining the product backlog.
- Remove and/or guide the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment.
- Build a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or judgement with an emphasis on problem-solving.
- Facilitate getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
- Facilitate discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution.
- Assist with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information.
- Provide support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible and leading by example.
- Manages interdependencies between agile teams. Leads daily scrums, sprint reviews, and planning meetings to ensure full team engagement.